• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new friend Charlie.

Christopher & Charlie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey there,
Just purchased my first Bearded Dragon (and reptile in general) yesterday. I must say I'm already in love, I did research on many different small animals (as I live in NYC in an apartment) and was fully ready to purchase a Corn Snake, but I walked into the store and saw Charlie and I couldn't resist, little guy was adorable.

I set up his vivarium yesterday and he seems to be adapting pretty well, he ate about 10 crickets today and some kale but I think he's still a bit stressed from the relocation. He did his first poop at home today in the bath after I stroked his tummy and he let me hold him for about 15 minutes at which point his stress marks started fading drastically. I tried feeding him again closer to lights out but he wasn't really interested.

I didn't purchase a heat mat but his basking spot is about 103-108 during the day and the viv cools down to around 70-77 during the night time which as I understand is ample.

I did manage to lose a couple crickets in the viv today but left out some food for them so they dont resort to nipping at Charlie and I've decided not to feed him in his home anymore until I can get some Phoenix worms that cant hide.

He much prefers climbing than roaming on flat ground and I have been wondering if this is normal.

Otherwise I am stoked with my new friend and cant wait for many long years together :)

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the world of beardies. My story of getting a BD is very similar to yours. I went into the store knowing I was going to get a pet (that wasn't a boring fish). Thought I was gonna get a snake until I saw Worley and the guy I was talking to explained how easy and how much fun they are. :Dz

Beardies are for sure climbers. Mine rarely walks on flat ground, even outside of his viv.

Some may tell you that 103-108 is bit high, but it all depends on who you talk to.

PS. Post pictures!

PPS. Where at in NYC? I may be moving there in a few months.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
baskin temps are fine as long as he also has a cool side of 80 to 85 and your night temps are fine also. welcome and congratulations!

Mountain Bearded Dragons

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Congrads you are spin everything right so far and some of the biggies. Also they are loving and rewardin when yours comes around and gets use to ya and it won't take long and also they will be use to the change in a week or two that is how mine was. But I'm glad you are doing things right and welcome to the bet world ever BEARDIES :)

Christopher & Charlie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here's a couple from day one:

359g3kp.jpg

9tnvqq.jpg

And these I took on Sunday:

dryoy.jpg

2im2irk.jpg

His stress marks seems to fade almost completely when I hold him.

Chelsey,
I live in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Whereabouts are you moving to?

Latest posts