• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new Dragon

Pinky

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
;D I have adored being a Mum to Jethro...I have now become Mum to a new rescue disabled beardie! I walked into my herp shop to buy fresh live foods yesterday and the owner asked if I wanted another beardy. He brought out this little fellow whos spine is like a Z, he also has the odd fit (quivers and falls over) but he was alert, eating and pooing well....how could I day no!!!! My wonderful hubby agreed to me buying yet another viv, and home we went! He waited patiently for his viv to be built, and happily settled on my lap after his bath (he really needed a clean up!) and settled into his brand new home by munching immediatly on his salad. His body looks small compaired to the length of his legs, and looks very similar to a kangaroo when moving around...so his name is Roo! Photos shortly!!! So now I am a proud Mum to 2 beardies!!! ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, Pinky. Another great story. Did they say if they know why he is deformed?

Pinky

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
Wow, Pinky. Another great story. Did they say if they know why he is deformed?
Sadly I have no idea why he is like he is. I suspect lack of calcium early on (he is approx 1 and a half yrs)..that may cause the little fits as well i believe??!! He is a little unsteady on his feet but attacks his insects with relish!!! He dive bombs into his salad too so I have no worries there! I have a vet calcium/vitamin/mineral powder (VetArk) so will use that on his food, he is underweight also, so I hope to fatten him up a bit. His face looks a bit like a Dolphin, the skull is slightly mishapen also, but all in all he is a weirdly adorable little fellow, and I'm thrilled to have him. I will hury up with the photos! ;)

Pinky

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Re: My new Dragon....Roo!

Heres Roo. Lots of problems, but the sweetest little fellow!
2009_1130Dragons0038.jpg

2009_1130Dragons0029.jpg

He has very pale eyes, and pale skin....not sure what type he is..any ideas???!!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
aww bless his lil heart...hes so adorable...he looks like a lighter normal phase to me

Pinky

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Compared to Jethro who has orange eyes, and a distinctly patterned skin, Roos eyes are really pale as is his skin...what ever he is, hes ok by me! ;D

Latest posts