• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new beardie is shedding and won't eat!!

jules8192

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am a new owner to beardies. When I first brought him home he was fine, that was about 4 days ago. Now he is shedding and it started the day before yesterday. He hasn't eaten since then. I am worried. I have given him a bath to help with the shedding, but what can I do to help with his eating? Please help. I have his UVB light and basking light close together by his log that he lays on. He does move around his environment but just won't eat. I am going to the pet store today to get some of those red and green repti pellets to try him on. I have live crickets but he don't seem interested, and tried kale and still nothing. Any suggestions?? Please and thank you!

gunkle

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
What type of bulbs do you have? What are the temps at the basking spot and on the cool side? Haven't heard of much luck with those pellets. What size tank or enclosure? Most likely relocation stress mixed with shedding making for a stressed dragon

woozel121

Bearded Dragon Egg
Also be sure the crickets aren't too big for him/her, no bigger than the space between the eyes. My beardie refused the pellets honestly.

Latest posts