• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new baby wont eat

Nancy75

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm new to owning any kind of reptile so I really dont know much so any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought my new dragon 5 days ago and he hasnt eaten anything yet, I've tried crickets (small ones) and mealworms and he shows absolutely no interest in them, he looks healthy and active, runs around his tank most of the day and goes on his basking rock, he pooped once since I have him and that looked normal, right now I'm using the uvb bulb that came with my thrive tank and we cut a hole in the screen so he can get more of the light and has a tree to climb right under it, I plan on buying him a reptisun 24inch uvb light as soon as my store has them in, I'm so worried about him not eating I'm really attached to this little guy already and I'm so scared to lose him, please help me and tell me what I can do to make him eat....everyone says hes probably just stressed cuz hes new but how long can he actually go without eating, it's been 5 days and that seems like a long time without food, from the charts I've seen I'd say he about 2 to 3 months...I need help please and thank you
20200911_205159.jpg
20200910_215934.jpg
received_757529561697912.jpeg
20200910_102929.jpg

SamTheMan912

Bearded Dragon Egg
Man I’m in the same boat I just bought my baby but he won’t eat , I seen him eat like 3 crickets yesterday , so I put 3 more in this evening & he has yet to eat them I’m just so confused I owned reptiles & this is my second dragon , so I’m pretty familiar on temps & stuff like that so idk either I just want help too

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
I'm new to owning any kind of reptile so I really dont know much so any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought my new dragon 5 days ago and he hasnt eaten anything yet, I've tried crickets (small ones) and mealworms and he shows absolutely no interest in them, he looks healthy and active, runs around his tank most of the day and goes on his basking rock, he pooped once since I have him and that looked normal, right now I'm using the uvb bulb that came with my thrive tank and we cut a hole in the screen so he can get more of the light and has a tree to climb right under it, I plan on buying him a reptisun 24inch uvb light as soon as my store has them in, I'm so worried about him not eating I'm really attached to this little guy already and I'm so scared to lose him, please help me and tell me what I can do to make him eat....everyone says hes probably just stressed cuz hes new but how long can he actually go without eating, it's been 5 days and that seems like a long time without food, from the charts I've seen I'd say he about 2 to 3 months...I need help please and thank youView attachment 23597View attachment 23598View attachment 23600View attachment 23599

Mine did the same. She would eat here and there. Found out she didn’t like to be fed outside the tank. And she took to eating Dubia roaches over crickets for awhile. She was started on uvb coil and a heat bulb that the pet store suggested. After lots of research, they need the Reptisun 10.0 uvb bulb that will cover 70% of the tank. And we got a probe to accurately check her basking temperatures. 95-110 for her basking area. Ours really enjoys 105. Those need to be on point. It’s how they digest their food. Once we had all of her heat and uvb she is totally thriving now and eating like crazy. There are lots of knowledgeable people on here who also helped me out after a ton of my own research as well. Good luck!