• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my mother's "grand-beardie" christmas presents

missb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So my mom being the mother she is hung 2 stocking for my son's beardies for Christmas (no one goes without at grandma's) She went to her local pet store and the kid there sold her "wet bearded dragon food". It looks just as unappetizing as it sounds. I was going to throw it out and tell her the beardies LOVED IT. ::) But I thought I would get an opinion from you all. Ever use the store bought pre-packaged stuff? She also gave them some calcium suppliment. Never heard of it before, what should I look for before I use or throw it away also? Obviously my mom needs a lesson in "beardie do or don't" She ment well, but I am not sure I want to give them this stuff.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hey miss B.
how sweet of mom to be the beardie g'ma.

what kind of calcium is it?

I've used beardie bites before, but not much other stuff as far as "wet" diets go.

missb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I will have to look again, it isn't the stuff I have. I will look at it and the ingredients and let you know. I am temped to take a picture of the food also. Looks like alpo!!! LOL My picky little poopers are going to give dirty looks. I'll tell them not to sas their grandma! ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How sweet of grandma to include the beardies in the holiday celebrations!

I've never seen the wet stuff either. I was told that the dry stuff is like feeding a box of donuts to your beardie. So, on occasion fine. As part of the regular diet, no.

missb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
SO I gave them a bit of the wet food... GONE! Ok... so they liked it. But then again I gave it to them earlier before the regular feeding. The Calcium is from T-rex but called Repashy Superfood Bearded Dragon Calcium Plus Mineral Sup. www.superfoods.repashy.com hmmm?

Latest posts