• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My momma has a question about their diet..... :S

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So i was talking with my dad and my mom today and i explained to my dad how i was interested in a beardie... i showed him pictures, (he doesnt think they are cute !!!)
but then my mom wants to know if i HAVE to feed them crix, roaches, worms, ect... like is there anything that can substitude for the protein ?
she wants to know if they can eat raw meat ... my dog sonny is on a raw meat diet, so we have lots of raw meat in the house... lol creepy eh ? :p
like is there anything i can put in the water for the protien and stuff they need and then feed it veggies and stuff on the side ?

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry. Some type of live protein is a must. In my opinion, there is an option for your situation. (Please no one get mad at me for suggesting this. ^_^')

If you are worried about breeding and buying crickets, and your mother doesn't like them much, then what you Can do is... Get an adult dragon. Around a year and a half old, their protein intake drops drasicly, from about 50 crix or more a day as babies and juvvies, to maybe 10 every other day when adults (differs for each dragon) So if you get an older dragon (a year and a half old and up) you can still have your dragon to love, and it will eat mostly greens and less crickets. They live up to 13 years or so, so you will still have it for a long while.

Anyone agree?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup, tell Mom that they do have to eat live food. Honestly, if i can get used to them...anybody can, lol. When my kids started with reptiles i couldnt even look at crix.
So the statement above about buying an adult is an option.

Latest posts