• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My ill female Faith

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I took my beardies to the vet today well 3 of them because my one female is carrying eggs he wanted her to be left alone! my 2 males are fine and healthy but my faith was not at all she had blockages from wood chips and mouth rott from old woans probly from the wood chips.Im so sad i really did the best i could with her in the time that i had her and at the same time Im soo mad at the people that owned her before.The vet said as bad as she was it was the best to let her go because she was way to sick to operate and i said i waited to long but he said even if he saw her 6 weeks ago he would have given me the same advice due to the blockages. he is giving my other female a week to deliver he eggs and if it doesnt happen the i have to bring her in!please pray that she lays her eggs and she will be alright! RIP Faith I will miss you!

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks brian and thanks for helping with all your advicefor her also!

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry for your loss. It is hard but you did the best you could for her. Just know that she experienced your love before her passing and that in itself is a gift.
As for your other female. My girl had the same problem and with my Vet's help she made it through. Wishing the best outcome for yours.

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Re: My ill female Faith another post for (Brian and Janie)

well i just made a laying box in the tank for her with a big shoe box half filled with damp vermiciulite that i got at the local garden store and i also set up and incubator.i set her head first in the shoebox and she waiting a few minutes them went right in it and she fits in it comfortably thank god hibby has big feet lol so Im hoping this will help her feel comfortable enough to lay her eggs! if anyone has and advive for this please feel fee to post if you need pics of what i did to help me just ask ill take them and email them to you!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So sorry to hear about Faith. From what you described in your posts, I'm sure she is at peace now. And she was loved during the bitter end of this life.

Here's a link to our breeding article. It was contributed by one of our breeders (Brian - crypticdragons). It disucsses caring for the pregnant dragon.
Breeding Bearded Dragons

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just wanted to mentioned bathing your female will help. I did it everyday day for Kiwi while she had laying problems. So bath combined with the lay box should help alot. Keep up posted.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
im soooo sorry to hear about faith :'( it great that you tried everything you could before the last resort
paul

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks Janie! I lost your email so i havent been about to email you we buried her in the yard with a flat stone and i had my step dad ingrave her name in the stone so i can talk to her still...I miss her i use to get up in the middle of the night and check on her give her some water as if she was a new born baby and now shes gone!In the 6 weeks i have grown very attach to her I miss her so much.My other female beardie has so far layed 5 eggs i have three in an incubator the first 2 i froze and got rid of like you adviced my incubator was working great but then someone said i should put a top on the container that the eggs were inand now my temps keep going higher.

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks everyone it really means alot to me that you all helped me do my best with Faith while she was in my care.I want you all to know how much i appreciated all your advice and i am still appreciating it now...I may ask alot of question and some of them I am sure your thinking omg she knows nothing LOL i do i second guess myself alot i have been doing nothing but reading and reading and reading and some of your advice you give me is in the sites i guess im just looking for advice from exsperinced people and not just a website!but all your help with Faith i honestlly thank you for from the bottom of my heart.
RIP Faith
Janet

fergie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Please know that you did the right thing in taking her in and that she is in a much better place right now, trotting side to side in the sun, somewhere where she can always have a beardie smile on her face! :)

When we lost our beardie 4-months ago I thought that we would be able to get over her and I'm glad to say we never will, she will always hold a special place in our hearts and yours will too! The sadness does go away and we did get another beardie, but Fergie still makes me smile when ever I think of her and that's good enough for me!

Very Best to you.

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Just reading these make me cry.......it's so sad and the thought of loosing my Ozzy just makes me even sader....I am SO SORRY for your loss.....but I am sure she was very happy when she was with you....My thoughts are with you!

Latest posts