• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first beardie

Koda

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just brought home my first beardie :)
I've been planning and preparing for a couple months and today I went to a reptile expo and picked out my little boy. Originally I was hoping to pick out a juvie and not a baby, but when I saw this little guy, I just fell for his coloring!
So here is, I named him Tepes.
DSC_0892.JPG
DSC_0931.JPG
DSC_0896.JPG

He's so tiny! That's a 6"x6" tile he's sitting on.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That a beautiful lil dragon INDEED...a bit young in my opinion but if you have everything setup properly then he should do fine! CONGRATULATIONS,Koda and am looking forward to lots of updates and pics!!!:)

Koda

Bearded Dragon Egg
I gave him his afternoon crickets a while ago and he gobbled them all up. He also really like the collards I offered him, I didn't think I'd see him take the greens so soon, I was kinda expecting him to refuse all food for a while.

Koda

Bearded Dragon Egg
Although, it seems his good appetite yesterday was a false alarm. Despite eating everything that was offered after bringing him home, all I could get him to eat today was 1 cricket :( and here I was hoping that I got to skip the stress fasting phase. Oh well, he wouldn't truly be one of my pets if he didn't cause at least a little trouble right?

Oh a side note, I'm considering building a fack-rock replica Castle Poenari for my little Tepes.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
What a cutie pie! You're lucky you got him to eat greens, mine still won't. I see that you said he isn't eating much now, I hope he's eating better now!

Koda

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think he is, got him to eat at least 7 today. I'm not sure if that's normal for a 4-5" baby or not and he hasnt eaten any greens since that first afternoon, but its still a big step up from yesterday.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@Koda...I wouldn't be too overly concerned at this point about his lack of a big appetite. He is still trying to acclimate after the huge day for him when you got him and the huge change in his world. Give him some time, room and patience and he should come around. Stress is very hard on these creatures and the very first sign of them being stressed is that they stop eating and that is no matter what their age:)
Enjoy!

Latest posts