• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first BDs

Andy Bloomfield

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all I am taking delivery of my first ever Beardies tomorrow they will be traveling in a car for about an hour , is there anything important I need to know or do.

Andy Bloomfield

Hatchling Dragon
To be honest I am not sure what to expect from , I have done weeks of research , my main concern is feeding. How long would it normally take for them to settle and feed and when should I start to handle them.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Acclimation last anywhere from 10-14 days. You will nee to do several things to help your new BD in this situation:

1. Tape all sides of enclosure with white print paper. This will block your BD from seeing anyone and reduce stress dramatically.
2. make sure your enclosure is not in a high traffic area during acclimation.
3. minimize handling to maintenance only.
4. hand feeding helps during acclimation and builds up the trust between BD and owner.
5. clean up BD messed (poo) as soon as you notice it.

Be patient with your BD when adjusting to their new home. A key sign that a BD is stressed is when there are stress marks. Stress marks are black lines and marks on BD's bellies and throat. I hope this helps. Good luck and congrats on being a new BD owner.

Andy Bloomfield

Hatchling Dragon
I have had my Beardie since lunchtime yesterday , he has settled in great he is eating and lets me handle him he is very happy.