• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My dragon Sleeps in his waterfall

Charmander&Torkoal

Bearded Dragon Egg
The waterfall doesn't add to much humidity his enclosure has a open top. He has the right temps and humidity daily and nightly. But at night he sleeps in his waterfall. He is shedding too so that's probably why. Just want to make sure he won't die the water is cold at night I feel it with my fingers and it feels cold. I'd say 70° F just guessing. So it's not to cold for night time temperature but I just worry.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The waterfall doesn't add to much humidity his enclosure has a open top. He has the right temps and humidity daily and nightly. But at night he sleeps in his waterfall. He is shedding too so that's probably why. Just want to make sure he won't die the water is cold at night I feel it with my fingers and it feels cold. I'd say 70° F just guessing. So it's not to cold for night time temperature but I just worry.
Water falls are not recommended for dragons since they are a desert reptile - I would not keep it in there - too much risk for bacteria and fungus --- mainly Yellow Fungus

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I concur, it isn't really recommended for them to sleep in water. He could accidentally drown & or get
chilled also. It might be fine during the day to some extent, assuming the humidity is fine. We usually
recommend not keeping any type of water dish, etc, in tanks overnight especially.

Tracie