• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my Dragon named cody!

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i got a new dragon named cody i havn't got any pics yet but i dont really know how old he is i got him from a breeder because my other one died:( he is about 6-7 inches long with me he has shedded 3 times he is growing good very alert my other wasnt so.. and yea i have a question though. is sand ground good? for like 4 months old?

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome aboard.
Sand really isnt the best way to go.
Non adheasive shelf liner. Textured tile, or even paper towels would be better.

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ok thanks i will take the sand out and maybe put paper towels till i get some lining and do you know anyway to train them because whenever i try to handle him he always opens his mouth and bites me :(

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
00020121.gif

Congrats on the new pooper.

Yes, training is possible, but takes a lot of patience... Some info on what Ive done with mine,
Patience is the key word here. I took in a rescue that was unfortunately manhandled quite a bit. But its been 2 months now, shes adapted and getting used to me. She used to hiss/gape/snap and try to bite when I used to approach her, but now I can pick her up and she hasn't had a bad reaction in weeks.

I just stroke her head a lot in the beginning and talked to her as well. I would put my hand next to her every time I walked past the viv to make her used to my presence.

One thing I do know is if you pick him up and he squirms, don't put him back, pick him up again, talk softly and when he stops squirming hold him a few seconds longer and let him walk off your hand. You can then also offer a little treat/reward. If you let him go each time he squirms, he will associate it with "If I squirm, I get put down/left alone" where the other way he will learn "If I squirm, nothing happens, If I stop I get praised/treated and put back, they wont hurt me"

Heres a link to my thread with what Ive been doing and some other advice.... If you have more questions let me know.
http://mybeardie.com/bearded-dragon-forum/general-discussion/taming-your-bd/

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome and congrats on your new little one. Have you checked out the care sheet on mybeardie.com? It has a lot of great info on it.

Latest posts