• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my dragon is NOT superman...

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So I found out today that my dragon Orion has enough guts to try and jump 5 and a half feet onto ceramic floor! I had him on my shoulder working in my kitchen and he jumped off onto the floor with a huge thud. then ran off. he seems fine though.. walking OK and everything. but wow what a thud. I thought they would know depth perception more?! he is about 14 weeks old

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
For some reason the little ones think they are invincible, lol. Yaddle did that to me once when she was a baby but I was sitting in a chair and she landed on carpet :rolleyes: They find so many ways to scare us, lol.

I'm glad to hear that he is fine. Just keep a close eye on him for any weird changes or spazzing movements. They can hide any problems that they might have for a long time.

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
spazzing moments such as?? my Worley took a jump off my shoulder onto carpet. he spazzes-out when i go to pick him up now.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
spazzing moments such as?? my Worley took a jump off my shoulder onto carpet. he spazzes-out when i go to pick him up now.
Like twitching their legs, lol. Sorry, I couldn't think of the word at that moment. I had like 5 things going on in the livingroom, lol :oops:

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea I swear, Jethro seems to think he's Superman sometimes. I have noticed that if I don't get him out during the day at all, he starts going nuts in his tank. He'll rampage through the tank, knocking food out of his bowl, getting water all over the place from his water bowl, and occasionally stop to stare at me like "You gonna get me out now?". Then sometimes he'll sit on his branch and do a little wiggle thing and lunge for the glass o.o. When he starts to do that is definitely when I get him out so he'll calm back down, which he usually does. It's not the temps or anything, 'cause I keep an eagle eye out for that to make sure none of the tanks get too hot. It just scares me sometimes the way he does that, I always think he'll get hurt somehow, but he doesn't, thankfully.

He had climbed onto my shoulder once, and was trying to leap off it, thankfully where I was, he would have landed on my bed. He loves to scare me like that sometimes. >_>

Latest posts