• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My dragon eye issue

Mike Baker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all,

my beardie has eye junk that dries and causes his eye to close. We have to soak him and soften it up to open his eye. It's always just the same one eye. We have drops from vet for his eye but they don't seem to help. Thoughts?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey all,

my beardie has eye junk that dries and causes his eye to close. We have to soak him and soften it up to open his eye. It's always just the same one eye. We have drops from vet for his eye but they don't seem to help. Thoughts?
Eye issues can be caused from coil UVB's- sand or loose substrate- if your using one or both of those get rid of it--- the eye drops will do no good till you figure out the cause- if you need help w/ what to get to replace the UVB please ask

Mike Baker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks - I've heard that too. We don't have the coil UVB and we got rid of everything but paper substrate. It continues.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks - I've heard that too. We don't have the coil UVB and we got rid of everything but paper substrate. It continues.
Can you post a pic of the eye please- we need to find out the cause

Latest posts