• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Day at work with a Dubai!!!

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes you read the tittle correctly :eek:

I recently changed the top I have on my Dubai container (Too small I guess) and to my surprise and the suprise of some coworkers in my office, when I put my long over coat on to go outside i had a firend crawling up from the bottom. It was one of my males who seemed to hitch a ride to work with me and of course it was a full grown male. Well there are a few people here TERRIFIED of bugs and since I am Canada, most have never seen a bug like this or this large they freaked.

Kind of funny in a way how it happened but I now know my colony is getting too big for the 10gal aquarium they are in (I just started it 6 months ago with 100 mixed). So tonight the colony is being moved to the large rubbermaid bin!

Oh ya Did I mention that the Dubai's are not allowed in Canada? :-X

Fliehigh

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh man...too funny! Congrats at the same time!

By the way....now that I've seen you do it on many occasions, I figure you might not realize it. They're spelled Dubia...not Dubai. ;)

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Craiger said:
By the way....now that I've seen you do it on many occasions, I figure you might not realize it. They're spelled Dubia...not Dubai. ;)

It must be a Canadian thing... ;D Actually it is me not paying attention when I use the spell Check.

Dubia......Got it!

Thanks Craiger

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
too funny...my room mate hates them...6 months ago I wouldnt have touched them myself..the smaller ones still give me the jeebs..crawl up your arms and you dont even feel them..rather hve them than the superworms any day though..little biters they are

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Debbe said:
too funny...my room mate hates them...6 months ago I wouldnt have touched them myself..the smaller ones still give me the jeebs..crawl up your arms and you dont even feel them..rather hve them than the superworms any day though..little biters they are

I hate supers! I didn't know they bit, and I scooped one up one day, and the little s.o.b. Clamped in between my fingers. Ever since, its been tweezers. *shudders* now I got a bunch of waxworms, they're fun, like little squishy caterpillars. Lol.

Latest posts