• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardies unusual nail??

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
Today I was checking my beardies nails and making sure they weren't too long. Then I happened to notice one of his toes looked really weird. The nail is almost none existing, and it looks like his toe is a little thicker. Any idea what's going on? I hope it's not a stuck shed or anything ;(

Attachments

• PXL_20210907_213125895.jpg
    PXL_20210907_213125895.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20210907_213115460.jpg
    PXL_20210907_213115460.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 38

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Today I was checking my beardies nails and making sure they weren't too long. Then I happened to notice one of his toes looked really weird. The nail is almost none existing, and it looks like his toe is a little thicker. Any idea what's going on? I hope it's not a stuck shed or anything ;(
That is unusual, it doesn’t look like stuck shed to me though.

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure exactly whats going on there unless its the way you have him sitting -- is he nails always curved over like that or are they extended out when hes on the floor of his tank ?

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
Not sure exactly whats going on there unless its the way you have him sitting -- is he nails always curved over like that or are they extended out when hes on the floor of his tank ?
When he's flat on a surface they're all extended out. It's just that one toe, it almost looks like he has a little stubby nail? I'm not sure. Maybe he's always had it? I can't remember if it was always like that or not

Attachments

• PXL_20210907_212816786.jpg
    PXL_20210907_212816786.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20210907_212742135.jpg
    PXL_20210907_212742135.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 32

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When he's flat on a surface they're all extended out. It's just that one toe, it almost looks like he has a little stubby nail? I'm not sure. Maybe he's always had it? I can't remember if it was always like that or not
Do you have a hammock ? If so is it a green mesh or any type of mesh that the nail could of gotten caught in it ?

BengalGirl

Hatchling Dragon
My Beardie is completely missing a toenail on one of his back feet. He came to me like that so I have no idea what happened. But it doesn't hurt anything and he's perfectly normal.

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
Do you have a hammock ? If so is it a green mesh or any type of mesh that the nail could of gotten caught in it ?
No, it's just one of those hand woven plant fiber ones. He's never had problems with it, and it doesn't catch anything. He travels on it easily. So I highly doubt that could be the culprit

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No, it's just one of those hand woven plant fiber ones. He's never had problems with it, and it doesn't catch anything. He travels on it easily. So I highly doubt that could be the culprit
What about carpet in the tank ?

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
Ok - did he have it before you upgraded
Not that I noticed? But maybe it happened before I even got him? Or maybe sometime early on when I had him. I'm really not sure. I only recently started regularly checking his nails to be trimmed, because I noticed they were getting sharp. He's usually good at filing his own nails down while he digs.

G0DZ1LLAAA

Bearded Dragon Egg
It seems like your beardie tore off its nail (just going off of the pictures) and it’s growing back. That happened with mine about a year ago and it grew back fine but a little twisted. Didn’t seem to bother him, so I wouldn’t worry too much unless there are signs of infection!

Hope this helps

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
It seems like your beardie tore off its nail (just going off of the pictures) and it’s growing back. That happened with mine about a year ago and it grew back fine but a little twisted. Didn’t seem to bother him, so I wouldn’t worry too much unless there are signs of infection!

Hope this helps
Thank you, it helps clear the mind for sure. Hopefully it'll grow back in time if that's the case :)

Latest posts