• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardies diet/feeding schedule

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all, I’ve had my dragon for about a year now, she was probably 3 mo. when I got her, and am wondering what should her feeding schedule be? Meaning how often should she be fed live feeders and how often for fruits and veggies.

And at what age is she considered a juvenile and at what age is she considered an adult?thanks much

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all, I’ve had my dragon for about a year now, she was probably 3 mo. when I got her, and am wondering what should her feeding schedule be? Meaning how often should she be fed live feeders and how often for fruits and veggies.

And at what age is she considered a juvenile and at what age is she considered an adult?thanks much
Juvies 6 months-- to a year- feeding insects after a year 2-3 times per week - if your using a T 5 calcium D 3 should be cut down to 2 times per week w/ calcium w/ out D 3 no phosphorus-one a week - you can alternate them if your dragon is eating good salads then the vitamins can be cut back too- use your discretion on the calciums- salads should be the main diet for a year old but worms and live insects should be offered- fruits occasionally

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My girl is about a year and 9 months, i cant get her to eat veggies so im heavily gut loading bugs, but i feed her once every morning, on average 2-4 hornworms, a 1” roach, some days she eats more some days less.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Juvies 6 months-- to a year- feeding insects after a year 2-3 times per week - if your using a T 5 calcium D 3 should be cut down to 2 times per week w/ calcium w/ out D 3 no phosphorus-one a week - you can alternate them if your dragon is eating good salads then the vitamins can be cut back too- use your discretion on the calciums- salads should be the main diet for a year old but worms and live insects should be offered- fruits occasionally
Is it in their nature to eat less live feeders and more fruits and veggies?thanks

PearlJ

Bearded Dragon Egg

Bearded dragons are usually considered adults at around a year. At this point the feeding schedule should be flipped, so 80% greens/vegetables/fruit and 20% insects. I feed my beardie a salad Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, with insects on Wednesday and Saturday.

Latest posts