• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Beardie Won't Poop!

Ashytree

Bearded Dragon Egg
It has probably been five days now since Goonie has pooped and she will eat nothing but crickets (not even her favorite: fresh dandelion). I have given her a long bath two days in a row, but that did not work. She is clearly uncomfortable. If she does not poop today I am taking her to the vet. Are there other ways to get her to poop? Please help!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Many reasons for no poop - so, I gots lots o questions. How old is Goonie? how long have you had her? what her ambient temps? whats her basking temps? what's her normal diet? any environmental changes? have you given her any water ? (tried dripping it on her nose for her to lick off?) sometimes baby food will help (the veggie kind - lots of fiber), you can also try getting a bit of oil into her mouth (if she likes worms, use a syringe with a needle and put a bit of oil into the worm). have you tried massaging her belly ?(gently rub from the ribs down to the tail area), does she get out of her viv much? (I'm thinkin exercise) what is her normal poo rate? My first boy went for almost 3 weeks right after I got him without pooing. My current boy goes daily (when he's not sleeping / bromating) my current female may only go once a week. MAYBE twice. Let me know ----

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Canicke questions. I would add what's her UVB lighting?

Latest posts