• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie won't poop unless in the bath...

Jessbeardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 6-7 month old male bearded dragon has always pooped at least once a day maybe every second day in his enclosure but lately he won't go unless he is in a warm bath. How often should I be bathing him? I don't always get time to do it every day. Could there be something wrong or?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mine does the same thing. She used to poop all the time in her tank and at about 6 mo she started going exclusively in her bath. Makes for easy clean up but it means you have to make time for baths! I used to bath her once a week but by the end of the week she would get lethargic and not want to eat or move so now I do every 3 days or so.

Jessbeardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
The temp is about 27 degrees on a thermo, I have fake grass and tiles in his enclosure. He has pallets in there all time and gets veggies every morning, crickets avery 2-3 days at the moment.

yeah that is what I've bee doing bathing him every 2-3 days (the day after I feed him crickets) sometimes a bit more but depends if I have the time.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Wot do u use to measure ur temps? Ur basking end needs to be around 40 degrees for ur beardie to b able to digest his food and then u need a cool end of around 25 so he can regulate his temps. He shud b offered live prey everyday at least twice and greens every day. Do u dust ur live food n greens? U shud let him eat as many locus ( or wot eva live prey u offer ) as he wants in 15- 20 mins. I put a couple locus in a time and keep adding them u till he walks away or just stops chasing them. But if u feed crix then make sure u dnt leave any in the viv ova nite as they can bite. U can get a digi thermo from ebay from around £10 u need 1 with 2 probs 1 for cooler end n 1 4 the baski. Area. Hope ive helped u out. :)

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
i bathe mine 2 to 3 times a week.and feed them roaches and veggies everyday.some of mine will poop in the enclosure and some will only go in the bath so its a toss up haha

Soph

Hatchling Dragon
My female is the same, she doesn't poop unless in the bath, she gets a bath twice a week.

Soensew

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yup my female beardie is the same only pooping in the bath or once or twice elsewhere but always outside of her tank. I simply think she doesn't like the smell in her tank. I also think running around or swimming in the bath gets things moving for her. The temps in her tank are right. She just prefers it.

Latest posts