• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Beardie is Laying Infertile Eggs??

ALiteralLizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I know that bearded dragons can lay infertile eggs, and I just adopted what I was told was a male beardie from someone almost 4 months ago now, his(her) name is Brian. It turns out she's a female, never been with a male in her life, she's 3 years old, and laid a clutch of 36 infertile eggs. Originally 35 and then the 36th one was laid the next day. This sent her health into a spiral as her previous owner did not take very good care of her and cause coccidia to breed rapidly. And the treatment caused diarrhea which caused her to lose a lot of weight, especially after laying eggs. So Ive been feeding her a bit more than usual to get her weight back up, its only been about 3 or 4 weeks since she laid her eggs, only 3 days since her last dose of medication, and now she's digging around again like she's going to lay more eggs? Is this normal? The vet told me that it might be because she's bored, and if so, what can I do to help stimulate her activity? I have another beardie that's two years old that I raised from a baby and she's never laid eggs before or had health issues. Im just concerned about Brian's health, sorry if Im posting in the wrong forum. Thank you in advance!

ALiteralLizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you, Ill check it out. And yes, I do, I just have to put fresh bedding in it for her. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was normal ir healthy for a beardie to lay eggs again so soon and right after being on medication.

Latest posts