• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie is in her hide a lot

Evil_axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm sorry to be back here, but I'm worried again. I thought I was doing everything right? I have the right lighting, the right cage and the right diet that everyone told me to do and that I did research on but she's in her hide constantly. She doesn't come out to bask from what I've seen but if I leave food in there she'll eat it. She seems healthy otherwise because I took her out for a health check. She's not a year old yet but could she still be in brumation? Its summer though so I'm not sure why she'd do that. I thought maybe it was too hot in the cage so I changed the light but she still didn't come out so I put it back. Any ideas?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sorry to be back here, but I'm worried again. I thought I was doing everything right? I have the right lighting, the right cage and the right diet that everyone told me to do and that I did research on but she's in her hide constantly. She doesn't come out to bask from what I've seen but if I leave food in there she'll eat it. She seems healthy otherwise because I took her out for a health check. She's not a year old yet but could she still be in brumation? Its summer though so I'm not sure why she'd do that. I thought maybe it was too hot in the cage so I changed the light but she still didn't come out so I put it back. Any ideas?
Right lighting ? Please tell me what your using exactly----- UVB--- basking temps? how are you taking them and what are they? If your dragon is hiding all the time there is a UVB issue or temp issue--- NO colored bulbs NO sand NO heat rocks or mats and most of all NO COILs for a UVB

Evil_axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Right lighting ? Please tell me what your using exactly----- UVB--- basking temps? how are you taking them and what are they? If your dragon is hiding all the time there is a UVB issue or temp issue--- NO colored bulbs NO sand NO heat rocks or mats and most of all NO COILs for a UVB
I'm using the uvb you told me to use on my other post I believe, I don't remember what it's called I apologize but I have no colored bulbs or anything you said. The basking temp is 100 last time I checked. The lights are in the cage and the uvb is a strip not coil

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm using the uvb you told me to use on my other post I believe, I don't remember what it's called I apologize but I have no colored bulbs or anything you said. The basking temp is 100 last time I checked. The lights are in the cage and the uvb is a strip not coil
ok and you followed the distance and placement ? How are the poops? Runny smell so bad they make you leave the room? I would get a fecal take it in to the vet and have them test it for parasites so we can rule it out--- Are you using a digital probe thermometer? Can you post a pic of the tank and her please -- we need to rule things out for the behavior --- dragons do not usually brumate in the summer -- she is eating you said -- but will not come out to bask at all?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Pictures would help us to visualize the situation, is she shedding? My girl didn’t eat for two days cause her head was in shed.

Evil_axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok and you followed the distance and placement ? How are the poops? Runny smell so bad they make you leave the room? I would get a fecal take it in to the vet and have them test it for parasites so we can rule it out--- Are you using a digital probe thermometer? Can you post a pic of the tank and her please -- we need to rule things out for the behavior --- dragons do not usually brumate in the summer -- she is eating you said -- but will not come out to bask at all?
Her poop seemed fine but they do smell worse than they used to so I'll do that just in case. I'm using the right thermometer. She is shedding but she doesn't come out to bask at all

Attachments

• 20210701_194717.jpg
    20210701_194717.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210701_194756.jpg
    20210701_194756.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210701_194829.jpg
    20210701_194829.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Evil_axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Also I wanna mention that when I do take her out she's active. She's not slow or sleepy she moves around and explores like usual

Evil_axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Pictures would help us to visualize the situation, is she shedding? My girl didn’t eat for two days cause her head was in shed.
Mhm she's shedding, I'm just not used to her not basking at all. I posted pictures to another reply if you wanna look at them.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mhm she's shedding, I'm just not used to her not basking at all. I posted pictures to another reply if you wanna look at them.
Her shedding is not going to effect the basking--- does she climb in the log ? I would get a fecal into the vet and have it tested for parasites -- www.arav.org call them tell them you want a fecal done for parasites on a bearded dragon - you want to rule that out for cause --- go from there -- she looks good - any digging in the tank? that could be a sign of eggs ---

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
She looks upset, but otherwise really good, no black beard.

Latest posts