• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Beardie has laid eggs. Please help!!!

penhryn

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone who reads this. I have 2 pygmy bearded dragons. Bill and Ben. Bill started getting fat so I took him to a breeder near our place and now Bill is Jill. LOL. This was 2 months ago. Jill just layed about 20 eggs in her sandpit and has covered them over. I noticed as she was laying that some of them were collapsed. Does that mean they're infertile? The male is in the enclosure as well. What do I need to do now? Do I leave them in there until they hatch? How long does it take? I am in shock and don't know what to do. Temperature is 30 deg C. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You shouldn't leave them in there to hatch. you will need an incubator and a whole set up for babies. If you were not prepared for these eggs then you are better off freezing the eggs and throwing them out. Or maybe find a local breeder that already has a set up for babies. Make sure to give Jill a good meal with extra calcium, egg laying is hard work.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh wow. :O This is why I would probably never chance 2 beardies in one house, even if both guys. You might never know. Anyway, if you arent ready for that many little mouths to feed, I think I would agree and say freeze them. It costs a lot of time, responsibility, and money to hatch beardies eggs. Good luck with whatever you decide.

penhryn

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you all for replying. I will freeze them and discard. So much time and effort goes into breeding. Haven't got the time. Merry Christmas to all. Be good.

Latest posts