• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie has a permanent disability

TheBatMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got our newest baby, Spyro, a couple days ago, and from the second we got her we noticed that her back left leg wasn't working. She doesn't drag it, but it just sort of sticks straight out, and then bends slightly at the knee. Well after a vet visit today, it's been determined that she was just born like that, and the bones are actually fused weird in her hip and leg, so she has never and will never use that leg. She's eating and drinking fine, and has no trouble catching her food, so we aren't worried about it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a beardie with a disability like this?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Well it's good to know that she was born with it and it wasn't an injury. Does she have any feeling in it at all? I wonder when she gets older if she will have problems with it like arthritis pain.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome! Spyro is a cutie.That is so sweet you are keeping her. Where did you purchase her? Even though you are keeping he they should give you some of your money back since she was born & purchased with a birth deformity that the Vet, confirmed. That would help with the Vet, bill.

TheBatMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
We aren't sure if she has any feeling in it or not. We got her from a private breeder that I tend to get most of my reptiles from. I don't think they'd give us our money back though, because she was discounted since she had a disability. We got her cheaper than what they would normally charge for her.

Latest posts