• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Beardie Dutchess

Dutchess owner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i've gotten a new beardie three months ago named dutchess. she was a birthday present from my parents and i got attached to her instantly. this is my first forum and im excited and i hope to learn much more than i know already...well it's winter and i'm worried about her Brumating since this is my first beardie buuut any sugges tions on how i should make sure she stays in good condition? i would really appreciate the help :)

Dutchess owner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
314924_264408833605806_100001100733198_695224_66903650_n.jpg

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome 2 the Forum. Can u give us some info about housing, temps, lighting & the diet u are providing 4 your dragon & we can go from there.

Dutchess owner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank u :) she is 9 inches from head to tail. Her temps usually range from 100 to 120 she has one uvb light and one basking and a night time light to keep her warm at night. She usually eats mealworms n crickets. She eats the worms with no problem. She eats collard greens cucumber bananas and apples. Lately she.refuses to eat crickets or her worms biut she only drinks her water n eats her greens. She will not touch any insects...

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yea she is to young to burmate i think Jeffo could tell you for sure.... that is a tricky 1 to figure out... are you feeding her inside her tank or taking her out and putting her into somthing else to feed her ((insects)) and what is temp on the cool side of the tank.....

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If your dragon's eating veg already, that's a good thing, still need some protein a few times a week though. The mealworms shell can sometimes be hard 4 dragons 2 digest, a similar feeder (superworms) are recommended as a substitute if available & Dubai roaches are a hot item as well. A 120 temp is a little high, 95-100 are safe temps 2 work with. If the temperature of room that the enclosure is in doesn't drop below 65 at night, the night light isn't needed. As far as your dragon brumating, I'm not really sure. I agree with what was mentioned above about age but if u are in a cold climate, I guess it's possible. Have u been using calcium or vitamins with food?

Dutchess owner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i don't have a seperate thermometer for the cool side of her tank so i don't know the temperature . she usually stays on the basking side. i've recently have gotten repticalcium for her food and she ate it at first then stopped eating insects. i feed her inside of the tank because she refuses to eat when she is on the outside because she rather explore

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i don't have a seperate thermometer for the cool side of her tank so i don't know the temperature . she usually stays on the basking side. i've recently have gotten repticalcium for her food and she ate it at first then stopped eating insects. i feed her inside of the tank because she refuses to eat when she is on the outside because she rather explore
She still needs calcium even though she's not eating any bugs. Try dusting her greens with calcium then mist them with a little water. I'd recommend a digital thermometer with probe, very easy 2 use & more reliable than a dial. It's very important (4 digestion) that u provide a cool side for the enclosure so your dragon can regulate it's temperature with the heat u are providing.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
2 much heat can also result in dehydration & baths should be given a few times a week 2 insure she is getting needed moisture. U mentioned she drinks from a bowl which is rare, she might be getting 2 much heat. Dragons retain the moisture they need from their food (veg & live) and they rarely drink. If u continue 2 use a water dish be sure it's changed daily.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i also have another question. is it possible that it can be parasites as well?
It's hard 2 tell. Are bowel movements (poops) regular, daily? If water bowls aren't changed frequently they can harvest bacteria & parasites. Crix are nasty little bugs, very dirty & require a bunch of maintenance or they can be trouble.

Dutchess owner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ok i change her bowl every day but it is pretty hot in her tank i will try get the temperatures to go down...again thank u for your help! :)

Dutchess owner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
she poops one to two times a day and that's it...but i clean her poop out everyday and her bowl is changed frequently as well

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Cool, just wanted 2 make sure she isn't impacted.

Latest posts