• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My bearded dragon won’t eat anything but wax worms

Parker S

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi sooo my bearded dragon is 5 months old and i because of where I live there is a cricket shortage I couldn’t buy any for him. I almost always buy crickets and feed him those but for 4-5 days I had to feed him waxworks because nowhere else was selling them. After those few days I bought some soldier fly larvae and now he won’t eat bsfl or crickets or Dubai roaches, only gosh dang wax worms I need help it’s been two or three days since he last ate and he pooped yesterday.

Badwolfe

Hatchling Dragon
Hi sooo my bearded dragon is 5 months old and i because of where I live there is a cricket shortage I couldn’t buy any for him. I almost always buy crickets and feed him those but for 4-5 days I had to feed him waxworks because nowhere else was selling them. After those few days I bought some soldier fly larvae and now he won’t eat bsfl or crickets or Dubai roaches, only gosh dang wax worms I need help it’s been two or three days since he last ate and he pooped yesterday.
Have you tried Hoppers (Locusts). Constantly feeding waxworms will become a problem because they have extremely high fat content which will not be good for your beardies health long term.

You could also try lobworms.

Are you offering greens every day because your dragon is fast approaching the stage where his diet is going to start switching

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No more wax worms -- they are NOT a good staple feeder and he has gotten spoiled --- wax worms are really fatty and long term use can cause liver damage --- please start ordering your staple feeders on line winter and xmas time is terrible for trying to get feeders especially getting them from pet stores totally unreliable-- here are some website for feeders
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.reptilianarts.com
www.symptonbsf.com
www.abdragons.com
www.reptilesplus.com
www.mulberryfarms.com
www.aafeeders.com
www.coastalsilkworms.com

Please shop all of them look at the shipping cost -- most are all different -
As far as the wax worm issue keep working w/ him getting him back to his staple feeder --- wax worms should be fed sparingly -- are you feeding salads? If not you need to start NOW --
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Latest posts