• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My bearded dragon has had a spot for 6 months

V Ramsey

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have tried giving Rango baths, because it looks like maybe it just hasn't shed. But it's been there for a few months now, I also haven't seen him shed anything but his legs and face in a very long time, though he could just be eating it before I come home (He is about 2 1/2 yrs old). He hasn't had much of a taste for greens so i have to hand feed them, though he will always eat live prey and other veggies/fruit. Because of this i think maybe his diet may be out of balance because his stool is runny more often than not. I'm not sure if this is related. The closest exotic vet is quite a trip for me so that is my last resort, please help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20131123_135836_867.jpg
    IMG_20131123_135836_867.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, that looks like a thermal burn and welcome to the forums.

What is your basking temp?
How are you measuring it?
Is the bulb a "spot" bulb?

V Ramsey

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, that looks like a thermal burn and welcome to the forums.

What is your basking temp?
How are you measuring it?
Is the bulb a "spot" bulb?
Temperature is about 100 degrees, I have to get a new temp. gauge because i just got a new cage and my old one stuck on. What is a good wattage? Also what is a spot bulb? Is there any treatment for a burn?

Latest posts