• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my bearded dragon does not like me

Steven Jacobo

Bearded Dragon Egg
about a week ago i kind of woke up my bearded dragon a little too early i was petting him while he was asleep. when he woke up he freaked out big time and tried biting me with his beard showing. now whenever i try to pet his back he gets mad at me he doesnt like me touching him, but before he was pretty normal he wouldnt mind you holding him. i just really want to know how he will be able to trust me again and if his bite hurts at all he is around three months old i think.

ravenwolf

Juvenile Dragon
It sounds like you've both had a bit of a negative experience and the trust needs to be rebuilt. Your dragon sounds like he is a bit afraid of being touched so work on just trying to get him to walk onto your hand, bribe him if necessary with waxies or silkies try not to let it get to you - these things happen but you can rebuild the bond :) when I first got my two they weren't very happy to be handled but with perseverance and patience they are getting better every day.

Pat B

Super Moderator
You probably scared him. Leave him be for a few days but still talk to him so he recognizes your voice. When you go to pick him him let him see your hand and come from the front of him. Never from the back. I always wave my hand in front of Spike then pick up. He has never bitten or hissed at me or even showed a black beard. Good luck! :D

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My dragon loves to come out for play time and pets but does not like being pet in his enclosure (his territory). Try bribing him with some treats/hand feeding and after a few days take him out of his enclosure. When he realizes he is in your space he should calm down.

Latest posts