• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my BD setup

PolishPuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got two layers of styrofoam so BD would be closer to the ligh

Tank 1 048.jpg

tTank 1 057.jpg

Tank 1 058.jpg

I will finish it of ether today or tomorrow.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks nice, but what are you going to cover the styrofoam with so it doesn't get dug up in small chunks & ingested? BDs don't need a swimming Pool, there are very few puddles or ponds to lounge in, in their natural Habitat. Very few BDs will recognize standing water to drink out of & it will seriously raise the humidity in the enclosure, when you really want to keep it as low as you can.

PolishPuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
THX Germ.

I've covered styrofoam with tile. The only reason you see that pink spot is because a removable plate will go in there.
Tank 1.2 002.jpg

OK, one of BD breeders at my local pat store told me if I would give them a "swimming pool" ;) BD could go in and lay in the water when he is shedding.

PLS, if anyone has a comment or question, pls feel free.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK, one of BD breeders at my local pat store told me if I would give them a "swimming pool" ;) BD could go in and lay in the water when he is shedding.
Experience proves this not to be a good idea at all. BDs are a desert creature, do not even need a water bowl & again, should have as low humidity as your climate will allow, ideally 10%-30%. Providing a pool will definitely raise the humidity levels & this is something that you do not want. It also provides a haven for bacteria growth.

My mistake on the tile :eek:, I glanced quickly at the pics & thought that it was the styrofoam broke into peices & grouted :confused:. Thank you for clarifying that ;).

PolishPuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Great, thx again Germ. No swimming pool then:) Hhhmm... I wounder if I could use that swimming pool as a sand box later on when he grows up? And for now just leave it empty

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You will find that the sand will not stay in the hole, always making the enclosure look dirty. I have seen many try this & very quickly went back to one type of substrate throughout, tile or sand.

Pat B

Super Moderator
That is she is supposed to do....convince you need to BUY something from their store....if you aren't sure what you need ask here first then go buy it....:D I have been given so much wrong information and told I NEEDED to have this or that....learned my lesson though....good luck!! :cool: