• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My babys finally growing!!! :D

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Although baby Draco has had a few ups and downs since Ive had him (July) he is finally settled in, hes growing and eating like a champ!

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
that's fantastic jaime... congrats..
what foods has he settled into? Are you able to handle him now or is he still a bit of a scallywag? How old is he now and where is the pic??????????

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hes still eating collard greens and crix just a lot more of them :) I'm still having trouble with handling but it's not quite as bad, he still doesnt like to be held or picked up but I can pat him without him freaking out for longer periods of time now. Not sure how old he'd be now, but we assumed he was between 6 weeks - 2 months when I got him in July which would make him about 4 or 5 months? He was having trouble growing for so long cuz he just wouldnt eat the proper amounts of food but now that he settling in hes gobbling up every cricket he can get haha.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I had the same problem when I got my little guy 2 or 3 months ago. He ate amazingly for a week then stopes and at ate a few cricks a day. Of course he didn't grow much being 4 1/2" when I got him and only 3 or 4 grams I would say. He didn't eat much for atleast 2 months and I was. Getting worried. I found out his problem was he doesn't like being fed in a bin, but in his cage. Now I hand feed him every day and he is up to 2 dozen cricks or roaches a day with baby supers as a treat once a week. In the last 2 weeks he has grown an Inch and gained 5 grams in weight. He is now 6 1/4" and 15 grams:) so exciting seeing them grow up:) good luck with yours beardies are amazing little pets:)!!!

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My guy is eating about 4 to 5 decent size roaches a day, he doesn't seem to be hungry, he eats then basks,drinks,and basks,and just hangs out.

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I figured it was something like that, he's fat and healthy, very alert, felt bad, he fell asleep on me tonight. He turned to run off my arm,then looked at me,and ran towards my face,and tried to bury himself under my shirt and neck to sleep. I think it's just something new for him, I've had him on roaches for about a week and a half. I will keep checking on him, need to get a good scale, any recommendations ?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I figured it was something like that, he's fat and healthy, very alert, felt bad, he fell asleep on me tonight. He turned to run off my arm,then looked at me,and ran towards my face,and tried to bury himself under my shirt and neck to sleep. I think it's just something new for him, I've had him on roaches for about a week and a half. I will keep checking on him, need to get a good scale, any recommendations ?
Check beautifuldragons.com 4 a scale, they've got a nice 1.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yeah don't work if you don't have a background also try putting newspaper all around the cage to let him settle in he'll come around my little went off eating for a while but has recently started back just be patient with him remember they are little guys and have alot to be afraid of

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks jeff, good site, and lots of helpful items. My little guy seems fearless, just think sometimes he'd rather just bask than eat hahah. He's doing well though.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yeah don't work if you don't have a background also try putting newspaper all around the cage to let him settle in he'll come around my little went off eating for a while but has recently started back just be patient with him remember they are little guys and have alot to be afraid of
if u do this, be sure to put it on the INSIDE of the glass so they cant see their reflection..

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
check ebay, u can get nice pocket sized gram scaled for 5-10 bucks with shipping! Also food scales from target or wal-mart or something work.

Latest posts