• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My baby Karl died on Wednesday

Scotjess

Hatchling Dragon
Our baby Karl is gone. He died on Wednesday.
I tried to write this post but nothing comes out right. We love him so much. We are so lucky that he was here with us for almost 11 years (it would have been tomorrow). He was such a clever, bossy, cuddly boy.
We buried him today.
This is his last snooze spot. We gave him his basking stone, his root, his other stones too. We planted some flower seeds. He'll get his mint (he loved it) in the spring but I'll keep it indoors for now.
Our gorgeous boy ❤️

FotoGrid_20230929_153013993.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Our baby Karl is gone. He died on Wednesday.
I tried to write this post but nothing comes out right. We love him so much. We are so lucky that he was here with us for almost 11 years (it would have been tomorrow). He was such a clever, bossy, cuddly boy.
We buried him today.
This is his last snooze spot. We gave him his basking stone, his root, his other stones too. We planted some flower seeds. He'll get his mint (he loved it) in the spring but I'll keep it indoors for now.
Our gorgeous boy ❤️

View attachment 34743
I am so sorry to hear -- he looked like he was a happy boy and to live as long as he did I am sure you gave him the best -- a nice little grave site for him - I am sure he will be missed - again I am sorry to hear -:(

Scotjess

Hatchling Dragon
I am so sorry to hear -- he looked like he was a happy boy and to live as long as he did I am sure you gave him the best -- a nice little grave site for him - I am sure he will be missed - again I am sorry to hear -:(
We love him so much. Karl had a sarcoma last December from which he recovered (unless it had come back hidden), then some gum issues. He became more and more frail in the last couple of months.
He died at home, quite suddenly. We talked to his vet, it could have been various things that weren't picked up in the various tests he had at last check up (end of August), before he has a small surgery to get his gum cleared. The vet said the way he died looks like his heart gave in. It was very quick. I can't help but look for him now.
Thank you Sadie

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We love him so much. Karl had a sarcoma last December from which he recovered (unless it had come back hidden), then some gum issues. He became more and more frail in the last couple of months.
He died at home, quite suddenly. We talked to his vet, it could have been various things that weren't picked up in the various tests he had at last check up (end of August), before he has a small surgery to get his gum cleared. The vet said the way he died looks like his heart gave in. It was very quick. I can't help but look for him now.
Thank you Sadie
Sad- it's hard to know exactly what happened- especially when your not expecting it- again my condolences

Scotjess

Hatchling Dragon
Aw heck! That's awful news. Never easy when a loved one dies.
Thank you. I miss him so much.
Here's a wee collage with some pics of him.
I want people to see how great Karl was. We gave him the best life we could. I love him so much.
Baby Karl Collage 2.png

Attachments

• Baby Karl Collage 1.png
    Baby Karl Collage 1.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 3

Latest posts