• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My baby boy died

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
I don’t know what happend. We just took him to the vet. He was resting in some blankets and kept opening and closing his mouth for about 5 mins and then he went limp. He was my baby boy I loved him. He was my first pet I don’t know what to without him. he was such a beautiful and happy boy I don’t know how this happend it was all so fast. If anyone has any suggestions for how to bury him that would be great.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don’t know what happend. We just took him to the vet. He was resting in some blankets and kept opening and closing his mouth for about 5 mins and then he went limp. He was my baby boy I loved him. He was my first pet I don’t know what to without him. he was such a beautiful and happy boy I don’t know how this happend it was all so fast. If anyone has any suggestions for how to bury him that would be great.
You can put him in a small box and you can use kleenex or a old dish towel or blanket -- its up to you- I cant believe the dragon went so fast --

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
You can put him in a small box and you can use kleenex or a old dish towel or blanket -- its up to you- I cant believe the dragon went so fast --
I had no idea it was this bad it was very hidden. It happens right when he got back from vet.

Snappy's mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
So sorry for your loss. Please don't let this keep you from trying again... there are so many that need good caring owners like you. Bless your heart

Scotjess

Hatchling Dragon
I'm so sorry your baby couldn't be helped by the vet. For burial, if you have a garden, you can put him in a box and wrap him up. You could use stones and/or plant something above him, as a memorial, if you would like that.
I'm sorry this happened so fast, so shocking. Hope you can bury him in a way that feels right.

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
RIP to your baby. It's so hard losing our beloved pets. My heart is broken for you. But I would do as previous comments said..bury him and add flowers/little memorial. He will always be with you. ❤

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
I'm sorry for your loss. Lost my guy Aug 9th and it's devastating.. my guy never woke up after hia surgery, and it's hard getting the time with them ripped away from you.
I buried mine in the garden at his favorite spot he liked to sit at outside.. the sunset was so beautiful the day he passed, so I mimicked the colors with fake flowers on top of his grave lol :) I put a couple rocks that he had in his tank on top too, and some personal stuff to make it feel special :)

Latest posts