• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My adult beardie will only poop in sand??

Kennierose

Bearded Dragon Egg
I received a 3 year old bearded dragon about a month ago. He was kept in a 20 gal tank with sand. Within a couple weeks of getting him I had moved him into a 75 gal tank. I did research on the sand and decided to use reptile carpet instead. On the first day in the cage he had gone poop, but after that he refused unless he was in his old tank that still had the sand in it. I want to know if this is something I can fix or if I should just give and fill his new tank with sand?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5

Cannonball

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I kinda have a similar situation. My beardie does not like pooping on his carpet and will wait until he's out of the tank. He actually waits until I take him outside! It may be a preference kind of thing on keeping the tank clean - makes it easier on me! Maybe consider putting a section of sand in the tank or taking him out daily (weather above 70 degrees F) and see if he goes there!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I received a 3 year old bearded dragon about a month ago. He was kept in a 20 gal tank with sand. Within a couple weeks of getting him I had moved him into a 75 gal tank. I did research on the sand and decided to use reptile carpet instead. On the first day in the cage he had gone poop, but after that he refused unless he was in his old tank that still had the sand in it. I want to know if this is something I can fix or if I should just give and fill his new tank with sand?
Hello, I would suggest not putting sand in, eventually he'll adjust and realized to poop in his cage. By the way, I would HIGHLY suggest changing your UVB to a reptisun T5 tube light as they're a lot better.

Latest posts