• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My adopting beardies story!

what do ya think?

• hmmm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ?

• ?

• ?

• Total voters

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So those of you havent read my early post I have Adopted a male and female beardie about 6 week ago.The owner that had them before i got them kept them dirty used real wood chips! what do i mean by real woodchips? well i mean they used a wood stove for heating and when they cut wood they used this chips! my male has a couple wart like woans? and they both had mites....now i went right out and bought mite spray tolly cleaned the tank set it up with heat lights and paper towels for the bottom with food and water. I treated them for about 3 weeks and they are clear of mites!my male is very spunky eats very well and is in excellent health! my female is still ill and sometimes when i check on her i sware he had died yes shes that bad.I have been pulling my hair out trying everything. I have talked to a man that use to rescue sick beardies and he helped alot and another man heard my beardie was sick and refered me to some stuff called parazap which yes i ordered and i have been using for the last few days!i have also found this forum and a few of you helped me out with advice and i took it all in thank you so much and Janie your help also has been so much help!!! I think i may have found something and also maybe the parazap is helping to but,i was giving her the parazap today and OMG will I say i SMELLED something that smelled like something you might find in old trash it was horrific.i had gently opened her mouth and on the right side of her mouth was something slimy dark in color maybe it rotted there i have no idea but it was absolutly gross.so very easily i took my finger tips opened her mouth and carefully used my other hand tip of index finger and swiped the crap out of her mouth it was the grossest thing i have ever had to do and i have five kids..LOL She is still ill im not quite out of the woods yet but she is more alert now.When i go to the tank she will open her eyes to see what she hears.she wasnt doing that before.She still hasnt pooped going on the third day which scares me still and i think if i can get her to poop i may see a big change in her.I have no idea what the heck was in her mouth but i believe that is what was making her sick.Just thought i would tell my story and give an update at the sametime.sorry this is so long.Thanks for reading!!!

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
great stuff, if shes a bit constipated try giving her a bath this sometimes will help them go to the toilet glad your getting them right, how old are the male n female you rescued
paul

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
as to my last question shes not egg bound is she i just read shes 18 month old did she lay all eggs, have you been feeding her up with extra cal on crix etc since the last lay
paul

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have 4 beardies that i have adopted the first m/f i adopted are about 2 which is also the ill female..the second batch im now told the male is 18 months and the female (the one that layed 2eggs) is about 3!personally i think i bought beardies from people that thought they were cute and thought they were going to make money and didnt so they stopped caring for them and then sold them cheap and i walked right into it! but i love them and they are all separated and yes i have been feeding her crickets and her veggies and she eating great...i give my ill female 3 warm baths a day and she still hasnt done any pooping!

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
tbh if shes eating well etc still not poopin and is really causing concern to you i think a vet check is in order just to be on the safe side. This is the only prob when rescuing off someone who has not been careing for them properly
Paul

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my beardies are all going to the vet tomorrow and no she isnt eating either im syrige feeding her!

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
good luck for tomorrow and keep up the good work with them its good to see people who care for these little critters
paul

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gosh, you have your hands full. I've been watching your posts. I think you have a big heart giving these animals a home. I'm glad you separated them.

All I can say is see what the vet says. It is so hard to diagnose something this complex online. Let us know how it goes!

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I sure do have my hands full not only do i have 4 beardies with 2 needing special attention but i also have 5 kids and a hubby thats a baby himself lmao sometimes i think hes worse then the kids and the beardies together lmao!!!btw he has a fish hobby with tanganyikan cichlids he has his and also sells some can you amagine what my house looks like with tanks lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think I have a fair idea... I once had the same passion.. Okay I still do, but the dragons and gecks took front stage... I once had an 800 gal+ home made reef, 5 55 gallon tang tanks (ciclids), two 29 gallon Malwai tanks, 8 20 gallon tanks (grow out for the babies) and 14 10 gallon specie specific tanks..
Oh.,. and a 55 gallon reef tank...
Bigger house in those days ;)
Janie

Latest posts