• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My 9 month old beardie is acting strange, help please!

Luis Seijas

Bearded Dragon Egg
As the title says, my beardie has been acting strange lately and I don't know what it is. He had trouble pooping for a few days but I managed to help him with warm baths. However, every now and then he starts moving insanely fast around his enclosure almost like he is having a seizure or something. This includes fast head bobbing, running into the glass, very dark beard, and even some nervous twitching sometimes. I have been trying to stay on top of his calcium to make sure it's not his bones, so what is happening? Any help would be appreciated!

Luis Seijas

Bearded Dragon Egg
How old is the dragon? The head bobbing is hormonal ---- the acting crazy is spring fever not only is yours doing it but a lot of people are saying the same thing including mine --- the pooping every few days is normal be happy its every couple some dragons wont poop for weeks --- it is not uncommon for them to go looooooooooooooong periods of time w/ no poop --- ok the dark beard and twitching is not good - what are you using for a UVB is it a coil or tube ? This is important
Hey thank you so much for the quick reply! I am using a coil UVB bulb. Should I be using tube instead?

Luis Seijas

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alright I checked, the one I have is a 13w ZooMed reptisun 10.0 UVB coil bulb as you predicted. So I have a 40 Gallon tank, what tube should I use specifically for that size then?