• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MVB light

babiiqirlxx

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ive read that you have to burn the MVB light for 4 days away from human / pet eyes to burn off any harmful stuff . my question is where is a good spot to do this ? and do i do it for 4 continuious days or a few hours for 4 days ?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can place it in any ceramic based lamp, and use 4 12 hour periods. I used an empty viv to do mine in, but you can turn the lamp towards the wall, and that will prevent any eyes from seeing the lights until it is burned in.
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't use anything else. I have one more viv to update for a MVB, but it is looking that I'll be doing that during brumation for all three.
The first two I built, I did with MVBs in mind as the heating/uvb. I haven't ever been disappointed in that decision.
Janie.

Maize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Janie !! How you been?

I remember discussing MVB's with you and I always stayed clear of buying them due to cost. Can you explain to me the benifits in having the MVBs?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maize said:
Janie !! How you been?

I remember discussing MVB's with you and I always stayed clear of buying them due to cost. Can you explain to me the benifits in having the MVBs?
Well im not janie but i can still give some light on this.

MVBs (though more expensive initially) save you money in the long run as they only have to be replaced every 12 months and since they put out both heat and uv you only need 1 bulb. They are healthier for animals that need UV light as their UV output is far higher than any tube bulb on the market.

Maize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Brian,

Thanks for the reply! I have a 40 Gallon Breeder and an encolsure where the lights need to be mounted inside.
I have attached a pic, hopefully it gives you a good idea of what im working with. The size is H36xL36xD24.
When using the MVB's, can you stop using calcium with D3?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No picture????

the light should be placed on top of a metal mesh top. giveing approximately 18 inches between the draogn and the light.
and yes once you switch to a MVB you should switch to calcium without D3

Maize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
For some reason it wont post. I will get your email address from your site and mail it now

I emailed it, let me know thanks!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hey ! yes your enclosure with Maize will be fine for an MVB. Just remember to burn it in for 4 12 hour periods before using over her...
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the picture in my email and will check it when i get off work today but im fairly certain that Janie's decision is right that you are fine.

Latest posts