• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

multiple things going on

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Recently I've noticed a few things different about Worley and I'm concerned.

1) his poop has been more on the greener side. he also likes to poop in his food and water dishes.
2) his colors seems to change often. sometime i'll come home from work and his colors will be really light, other times they're really dark. sometimes ive noticed they change really quickly. his tail has stayed much lighter than the rest of him for about 2 days now.
3) a couple times today I walked by him and realized he was sitting under his basking light with his mouth open. i've never seen him just sit there with his mouth open before.
4) not exactly related to Worley directly, but i'm just curious how others are keeping collard greens. i bought the smallest bundle possible (which wasnt very small) so to keep it fresh i froze some, but now it darker in color and not as crisp.

i've searched around for similar post and will continue to do so, but if you're reading and know the answer to any of the above (not that they're questions, more statements that I am concerned about) id love to hear what you have to say :)

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
collards turn to mush when frozen so i wouldnt do it for a dragon. unfortunately if you only have one dragon then you will watse a lot of greeens. mustard and turnip greens are usually more economical as you can generally buy them by the pound and not in bunches. the mouth open thing is just him regulating his body temp, nothing to worry about. poop will also change colors depending on his greens to insect ratio, also i wouldnt worry. color changes occur when moods change and also aid in heat absorption. sounds like he's just being a dragon.:D

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i leave my greens in the bag i buy them in and keep them in the crisper drawer in the fridge. those green bags that you see on tv work really well also.

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
good to know I'm just over reacting. thanks!

i'm going to have to try mustard or turnip greens. hopefully Worley likes them. he didn't seem too happy about the collard anyway.

DANSPAM

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Recently I've noticed a few things different about Worley and I'm concerned.

1) his poop has been more on the greener side. he also likes to poop in his food and water dishes.
2) his colors seems to change often. sometime i'll come home from work and his colors will be really light, other times they're really dark. sometimes ive noticed they change really quickly. his tail has stayed much lighter than the rest of him for about 2 days now.
3) a couple times today I walked by him and realized he was sitting under his basking light with his mouth open. i've never seen him just sit there with his mouth open before.
4) not exactly related to Worley directly, but i'm just curious how others are keeping collard greens. i bought the smallest bundle possible (which wasnt very small) so to keep it fresh i froze some, but now it darker in color and not as crisp.

i've searched around for similar post and will continue to do so, but if you're reading and know the answer to any of the above (not that they're questions, more statements that I am concerned about) id love to hear what you have to say :)
I have had my mind put to rest having read a reply to your post, mine changes colour and sits with his mouth open too. Glad he`s just being a beardy

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was a worried mom too, freaked out about my guys over various things. My vet assured me though (he has geckos and I think a beardie of his own if I remember correctly), that from what I told him and what he saw, that I was doing a great job. It's always good to know that you are this concerned, because it shows how much you love your animals and want to do what's best for them. I spoil my guys and love to spoil them!

It may take the dragon a few days to get used to a new food item. So if he dismisses it the first day, don't get upset or freaked out. I noticed after a few days, Jethro will start to try out some new foods. I like to change it up a bit (sticking to what they can have of course), and see what he likes. If he likes it, I leave it like that for a few days before trying something else as well. If that makes any sense.

I've found out that Jethro LOVES butternut squash. It's probably 'cause it's yellow. My vet said dragons love to eat yellow things like dandelions too. So you might wanna try butternut squash, which from the chart someone posted awhile back, is considered a good staple diet, meaning daily food.

Jethro LOVES his turnip greens, and is beginning to accept collard greens when I can't get the turnip greens for him.

Latest posts