• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mozzie livin' it up :]

Mozzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We have now had our new baby for exactly 3 weeks. :]
We had started a growth journal for him on another forum before realizing we liked this one much better. One week ago he measured 5.5'' and weighed a whopping 5.9 grams. Today, he is still 5.5'' but weighed 7.2 grams.
Since we are new beardie parents we did not know the various alternatives to crickets. After realizing how much of a pain they were, last week we ordered some reptiworms. Which were a big success, he has been eating about 20-30 a day. When we thought about how much this was going to cost we started checking into dubia roaches. We found lots of useful information about starting a colony and how much money it would save after we get it going. So now, we just have to wait.
I will be updating this once a week with his height and weight along with pictures from the week.
Here are some pictures from this past week. Enjoy!!

We finally decorated his new home
5-1.jpg

Watching the fish..
3-1.jpg

Soaking up some rays..
6-1-2.jpg
2-1-1-1.jpg

Chasing flies..
1-4-1.jpg

And finally, weighing a whole 7.2 grams!!!
4-1.jpg

Mozzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks!! We used an old piece of furniture and styrofoam that we covered in grout. Its really a lot easier than it looks. When my husband told me you use styrofoam I thought he was crazy and it would never work so I was very happy with the results. After we finished we bought a few live plants to put in there and then decorated the rest with fake stuff we got off bundles of flowers from the dollar tree :] It was a fun project and only took about 2 weeks to make. He is going to grow out of this viv fast so I am looking forward to making him another one.