• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mouth Question

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've got a mouth question and I've been wondering about this.

Allie's got this sticky white 'crust' on her lips. It comes and goes. I checked in her mouth and there's nothing mucousy in there and it's pink, clear, no black teeth, no loose teeth. (no stringy mucous and she's really hating me when I'm looking into her mouth.) I even took a stethoscope I got from CNA school to listen to her lungs. (Not a thing, clear.) She makes no wheezing noises, gasping, or sneezing noises at all. She doesn't even have a discharge from her nostrils. She doesn't lift her head up toward her lights.

Urates are soft and normal along with her poop.

Her calcium is Monday through Friday. Monday through Thursday she'll have her regular calcium without D3 and on Friday, she'll have Calcium with D3 and a multivitamin once a week. Do you think it could be her calcium and it's building up? Or is it something else?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'll try to get a pic asap. The white sticky stuff's gone. I wiped her mouth clean with some warm water from her bath. I didn't give her her calcium and herptivite today. I figured I'd see if she gets any more white sticky stuff over the weekend. If she does, I know it's not her calcium supplements. If she doesn't get it, then it may be the calcium supplement. She eats all right and her poops are still normal and not runny.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, Germ! Little Bugger! Silly little Girl! Crazy Little Girl! :p

She's shedding.

I saw some shedding going on under her mouth, above her mouth, and on her lips. I took a moistened cotton swab to her shedding skin and she felt a little better. No wonder she was so 'irritable and annoyed with me.'. :D