• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mouth Noise

Smawg

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I was wondering if its normal after beardies drink, if their mouth should make a moist clammy sound after they swallow. as if they have peanut butter in their mouth. I spray water in her mouth until she doesnt want anymore because she does not drink out of a bowl,

she doesn't even eat fruits or veggies, only dubia roaches,cricks, horn worms, She is a good eater when it comes to those. I will crush & moisten the red beardie tablets and syringe feed her, and sometimes certain baby foods. she will lick until she doesnt want anymore. she stopped eating greens & fruits when she was 2 months old.

I can post a few photos of her mouth a little later,

Halgerl

Hatchling Dragon
First off, the older beardies get, the more fruits and veggies they need. When they are younger they should mostly be eating bugs but still have some fruits and veggies, but as they go to adulthood they should mainly be eating fruits and veggies. I’ve never seen a dragon make noises like that after drinking but if she seems healthy otherwise its probably fine

JasperMoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Be careful about spraying water around her mouth and nostrils... that might be setting her up to get an upper respiratory infection. If you think she's thirsty, use a dropper and put a drop of water on the end of her mouth. If she drinks that drop, keep giving her one drop at a time until she doesn't drink anymore. Sounds coming from her mouth would have me worried... that's usually a sign of a URI.

Latest posts