• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mother of Dragons

Misty Ramsey

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey hi and hello all :) I came here hoping to get some good advice for saving a baby beardie Ive adopted.
I already had one beardie, a sweet wonderful 1 year old named Drogon who has been perfect! Good eater, great companion. Then I adopted two babies that needed a home and care as they were very neglected and the smaller guy just doesnt wanna eat :( Heres hoping I get some ideas from you beardie veterans lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!
Good for you for saving these 2 babies...It may take a bit for them to settle in, however here's a few things.
Be ready to separate them into their own living arrangements if the bigger one hogs and dominates over the littler one.
Good UVB tube lighting, vit and supplements, good feeders.
The little one you may have to syringe feed to get him going. You can make slurries using natural baby food (no sugar added. Gerber makes a natural one I use) squash, sweet potato, peas, pumpkin are all ones I use. probiotic powder, alfalfa powder, dandelion powder, bee pollen are all things I have to put into slurries. you can also use some pedilite. I do this when my female is in the bath as it can be messy.
Try different feeder bugs and appropriate sized. crickets, dubia roach nymphs, small superworms, wax worms, phoenix worms, small hornworms, butterworms...
A vet check, fecal test for parasites..

***Be very careful on handling and sanitizing between your current dragon so you don't get yours sick.... strict quarantine 30 days would hate for your current dragon to get sick...
Good luck and keep us posted.

Misty Ramsey

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!
Good for you for saving these 2 babies...It may take a bit for them to settle in, however here's a few things.
Be ready to separate them into their own living arrangements if the bigger one hogs and dominates over the littler one.
Good UVB tube lighting, vit and supplements, good feeders.
The little one you may have to syringe feed to get him going. You can make slurries using natural baby food (no sugar added. Gerber makes a natural one I use) squash, sweet potato, peas, pumpkin are all ones I use. probiotic powder, alfalfa powder, dandelion powder, bee pollen are all things I have to put into slurries. you can also use some pedilite. I do this when my female is in the bath as it can be messy.
Try different feeder bugs and appropriate sized. crickets, dubia roach nymphs, small superworms, wax worms, phoenix worms, small hornworms, butterworms...
A vet check, fecal test for parasites..

***Be very careful on handling and sanitizing between your current dragon so you don't get yours sick.... strict quarantine 30 days would hate for your current dragon to get sick...
Good luck and keep us posted.

I plan on seperatly them eventualy regardless but for now I feed them in a seperate tub (though the little guy really shows hardly any urge to eat ).

I dust all their food in a calcium +D3 powder (they appear to have MBD) and even put it in their bath water. Their tank is small and the hammock allows them to get right up under the lights and they seem to enjoy just basking there all day.

Ive been giving them both a mix of horn and pheonix worms plus crix. The bigger guy eats like a madman but the little guy I end up sticking the horn on the hornworm into his mouth to get it moving and get him pulling in the worm, try to get a pheonix in at the last second as the hornworm is dissapearing.
When I put him in to feed, after about 3 minutes he will finaly notice all the bugs around him and try to nab one. Then he goes to sleep. Its like he doesnt care to eat and doesnt have the energy to bother.
Ill deffinatly try syringe feeding him. Do you have a link for a good site to get those various powder supps?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I plan on seperatly them eventualy regardless but for now I feed them in a seperate tub (though the little guy really shows hardly any urge to eat ).

I dust all their food in a calcium +D3 powder (they appear to have MBD) and even put it in their bath water. Their tank is small and the hammock allows them to get right up under the lights and they seem to enjoy just basking there all day.

Ive been giving them both a mix of horn and pheonix worms plus crix. The bigger guy eats like a madman but the little guy I end up sticking the horn on the hornworm into his mouth to get it moving and get him pulling in the worm, try to get a pheonix in at the last second as the hornworm is dissapearing.
When I put him in to feed, after about 3 minutes he will finaly notice all the bugs around him and try to nab one. Then he goes to sleep. Its like he doesnt care to eat and doesnt have the energy to bother.
Ill deffinatly try syringe feeding him. Do you have a link for a good site to get those various powder supps?
http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?route=common/home

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I also will mash up dubias when she refuses to eat any live bugs.. it's gross but oh well. I use a moter and pestle deal to mash things up.. you can get bee pollen cheaper online or at the vitimine shops

Misty Ramsey

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I also will mash up dubias when she refuses to eat any live bugs.. it's gross but oh well. I use a moter and pestle deal to mash things up.. you can get bee pollen cheaper online or at the vitimine shops
Thank you :) Also, I have the babies at a completely different location than my big guy.

Latest posts