• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Morph and Color Identification

vascotecm

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Guys,

Can you help me identifying this two bd, male and female.
The male is the yellow one and the female the orange.

Thank you guys

Attachments

• db 1.0 1.jpg
    db 1.0 1.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 141
  • db 0.1 3.jpg
    db 0.1 3.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 131

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
They both look like normals to me they both have black nails and scales so yeh just real pretty colours ur orange one kinda looks like my Boris. N he gettin ready to shed too only on his tail tho :) n ur yellow 1 looks a lot like my Diego urs just got more yellow in it :)
uploadfromtaptalk1400780670419.jpg

Diego
uploadfromtaptalk1400780701315.jpg

Boris

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They are cute and cuter! I'm no good with morphs :oops:

WalkingWithDragons

Hatchling Dragon
Both of these guys would be considered "normals", although theyre both very good looking, colorful normals. ;)

Visual genetic morphs can be determined just by looking at the dragon. I.e. Hypo would have all 20 clear nails (and are lighter in color), trans would have "gummy" scales and generally a see through belly and black eyes, leatherbacks would have a smooth back with reduced scaling, witblits/zeros would be completely patternless..... But as your dragons arent exhibiting any of these traits, they are not genetic morphs.

Unfortunately, unless you know their genetic background from the breeder, you wont know what color line they come from.
There are so many reds out there like Volcano red, Fire red, Blood red, Chris Allen Red, etc etc, it would be impossible to know what red line your dragon came from without knowing lineage. I would say, if your dragon is red, orange, yellow, etc, call it that color. Im not a huge fan of these "fancy" names for color lines, as colors are harder to reproduce, and your not going to get the same quality red in every offspring from red parents.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mostly true. Where you are wrong is that various colors are a genetic mutation, it's common because so many bred for it. Orange dragons are double het red/yellow. Your yellow is probably 100% het yellow.

WalkingWithDragons

Hatchling Dragon
What I was bringing to their attention is that there are breeder "color lines" that they have worked with for many years, and it is impossible to know what color line they come from without knowing what breeder/parents they came from and their genetics. :)

But this is a good article to read explaining the differences between color and genetic morphs and why they are different:
http://www.deltadragonz.com/morphcolorinfo.html

Latest posts