• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

more eggs finally!!

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well i oke up this morning and found 2 more eggs!again she didnt bury the eggs or use the laying box i put in there she just layed them right out on the sand! i still think she is holding more eggs though anyone know why she might be laying eggs 2 at a time about 4 days apart? she layed 2 eggs about 4 days ago and then again lastnight!

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my temp is at about 82.4 but will go also to 83.2 are these ok temps for the incubator?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes 80-85 or so are fine for incubation temps but why are you incubating the eggs? do you feel you are fully prepared to care for those hatchlings when they come out?

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes i do feel prepared im actually going out today to get 2 20 gallon tanks and start saving up for lights and decoration things.Im going to use faith's (RIP) tank to keep crickets in.I know they wont be born for another 8 weeks give or take a couple days.so i have time to get ready and plan.i figure that around the 5th or 6th week im going to just start buying 5 dozen small crickets and cricket food and that cricket water beads and adding them to that tank so i have alot of crickets for the babies i know they need many many crickets with calicum.I have been on many website reading and reading plus i talk to you guys and i have a couple rescue people i talk to and now a vet too.I figure the more people you have for diffrent advice is the best way to go.I think they will make it.My only thing now is thinking that maybe the eggs arnt even fertile.one site says check under a light to see if they are another site says wait a week then in a dark room hold a small light over the egg to see if you see veins in the egg.I looked but my house wasnt totally dark and i dont think i noticed veins.my temps are stable at 82.4 degrees they have stayed at that temp for about 2 hours now.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes you should wait a few days to check for fertility. After which time you candle the egg (shine a light into the egg and look for red veins or the embryo (red dot) )

Latest posts