• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

mirror for floor?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No. Dragons are solitary animals by nature, and offering a constant mirror image will increase stress of a dragon. Nix on that, just use some paper towels to cover if the mirror is set in permanent.
Janie.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Although it would be a cool substrate, it would freak your dragon out. He would not understand that what he is seeing is his own reflection. He would think it is another dragon. Dragons do not get along together. They are social with their humans. Domesticated ones, that is. But they are not social with each other.

Alternative substrates are tile, shelf liner, or paper towels. Some have used sand, and I am one of those. I replaced my sand with tile. Much cleaner and much healthier for the dragon.

Sand is a very controversial topic. Many do not like it for reasons of possible impaction, as well as, harboring bacteria.

Latest posts