• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Minions little butt

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1439776841472.jpg

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1440521875733.jpg
I got an update on my little Minion he goes back to the vet next week and it will probably be another week after that. He's at petco because they are paying for his vet bills . He was sick from the beginning it got worse over the 3 weeks I had him. They said his little face has scabs from the medicine but he's breathing better and he hasn't skipped a meal which is good. I was prepared for this week. 2 or 3 weeks is hard to swallow but I'm grateful he's getting good treatment and I'll have him back soon. He had infectious stomatitis. They're gonna send me a pic of him when they do his next meds.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Wow I don't know if I could be apart from mine for so long. I would be there every day checking on him! Are they doing anything for the face scabs like keeping them clean and maybe some antibiotic ointment? Also, when you do get him back I would start him on some probiotics just because the medicine is so hard on their systems. I've heard lots of people using probiotics when their dragon is on a medication.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
By the time he gets home it will be almost 2 months he's been on antibiotic injections and an ointment on his face which is what's drying up his face. I think he had infectious stomatitis he had every symptom. I cried off and on all day yesterday its Soooo long.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Our frog swallowed 4 rocks about 3 weeks ago and that was expensive so I had to go this route so petco pays for it. The frog is fine now and Minion is getting better they have to complete his meds there and then he'll be cleared by the vet to come home. Do u see on his face where it's all bumpy I think that's what is scabbing up from the meds they're applying

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Petco and the vet have been in contact with me through it so that's good and my petco they know me and my family .

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1440601202581.jpg
This is Mrs. Bigheads xray thought you might find it interesting the doc got them back our oh her mouth she was very sore after but she's alive and back to herself they were in there for appx. 1 week

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1440602778455.jpg
This Minions right foot it was bigger than his left foot when we got him and it looked like crusty shed I soaked his foot and a piece of she'd came off of the back and the size went down to closer to the size of his left foot but the front of his ankle still didn't look right. The scales look damaged so I wonder if that's what started his infection.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
He's going in a nice bath after I pick up my grandson from school. I don't know why but I like to get pics of his sheds he's had a 3 inch band on his tail that's needed to go for a few weeks now . He sheds in segments his head and beard and tail tip went last week and now it looks like everything in between is gonna go. He's more irresistible than a kitten I just love him so much

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What kind of frog is that? I have whites tree frogs, they will eat anything. I have a little guy in a tank away from the others and he's gotten so smart that he sits in front of the door waiting for me to open it, he gets so excited. Tonight I had to clean out some poop and had to trick him into going to the back of the tank by taking the tongs and holding them by the back of the tank. He was so gullible that he actually jumped an tried to eat them through the glass! He's in his own tank with paper towel for substate because he eats too much cocofiber and can't pass it. He actually ate a large piece of paper towel when I let him hunt crickets, it took a few days but he passed it, not sure what end it came out though :oops:

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
They're both whites tree frogs I'm still in disbelief that she's still here. That was crazy. At least my daughter learned a good lesson the way the tank looks is at the very bottom of the list. I'm waiting on a pic of Minion from today. I'll put it up as soon as it comes they say he's looking better

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah sadly when we got our beardies and more now that we have the chameleon, the whites get neglected a little bit :( For me having 4 in one tank gets overwhelming for me to try to do anything because they get so excited and want to jump everywhere. The little guy in his own tank is almost worse because he watches and waits for that door to open. We've rearranged the lizard room a bit so the frogs are a little more front and center and they can see more of the room. I caught one of them reaching his head around to watch the tv the other night!

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Look up images of Lyriocephalus Scutatus I want to post the pic but it's not mine CUTEST little lizard ever. It's from SriLanka.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
My name is candybugs on the other forums so I just changed this one too

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh my Gosh! That's a big dumpy! I love those little feet!