• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mini Mealworms (Tenebrio obscurus)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are they any different than mealworms? They are off the same "family" as both regular mealworms and supers but are they different nutritionally? Can they be used as part of the diet for baby dragons?

My babies get fed crix, dubia nymphs, extra small supers, collards, mustard, and occasional veggies. Always looking for something new to add to the lineup and these "seem" ok but I can't be certain. anyone have any handson experience with them? If they turn out to be a viable feeder they are quite easy to breed. thanks

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've heard of them but never tried them. The people who breed them subscribed/friended me on youtube and I always wondered if they were any different but never got around to asking. You should send them a message asking for nutritional info if they have any.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
its listed on their site

Mini Mealworm
48.31% Protein
40.46% Crude Fat
56.95% Moisture

Mealworm (pulled from beautiful dragons)
20.3% Protein
12.7% Fat
62% Moisture

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Chitin content would be the main factor as it is the reason why mealies are not recommended for BDs. Mealies can be fed provided they are freshly shed and the chitin is not hard yet, trying to find a supply of freshly shed mealies different story but in theory it is viable.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red Ink AUS said:
Chitin content would be the main factor as it is the reason why mealies are not recommended for BDs. Mealies can be fed provided they are freshly shed and the chitin is not hard yet, trying to find a supply of freshly shed mealies different story but in theory it is viable.

Yeah I just wish there was more information on these guys about things like that

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
primarily they are all cousins. Same vital info, different locality originally.

Latest posts