• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mind boggling question

Mortykahleesirick

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I feed my lizard his leafy greens every day so this is the mind boggling question.

How can I get my beardie to stop trying to eat my carpet?

I let him out to run around and he does his usual licking on the carpet so he navigates i watch him and next thing I know he's trying to eat the carpet.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok I feed my lizard his leafy greens every day so this is the mind boggling question.

How can I get my beardie to stop trying to eat my carpet?

I let him out to run around and he does his usual licking on the carpet so he navigates i watch him and next thing I know he's trying to eat the carpet.
I have not heard of this but what ever is on the carpet is attracting him -- I would not let him on he carpet -- find a different place to put him -- maybe up on a chair or couch to sit in front of the window and if he climbs down to the carpet put him back up again -- or try a different room

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardies explore by licking things. You can prevent him from licking your carpet by covering it in towels/a tablecloth or giving him free time in a playpen (a kiddie pool also works well).

Mortykahleesirick

Bearded Dragon Egg
Beardies explore by licking things. You can prevent him from licking your carpet by covering it in towels/a tablecloth or giving him free time in a playpen (a kiddie pool also works well).
I know I let him lick but he ends up actually biting and trying to eat my carpet like its food and I feed him every day

Mortykahleesirick

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have not heard of this but what ever is on the carpet is attracting him -- I would not let him on he carpet -- find a different place to put him -- maybe up on a chair or couch to sit in front of the window and if he climbs down to the carpet put him back up again -- or try a different room
Ok ill try putting him in a different room but I've tried putting him on the couch every time he just jumps off and tries it again even when there nothing on my carpet

BeardiesForever45

Hatchling Dragon
Not really we do use a carpet sprinkle but we always vacuum it before putting him down but we haven't used it in a really long while like before he started doing this
I use carpet sprinkle too lol. box sorta resembles baking soda lol. I have never heard of this... You do still feed insects right?? Not as the main diet, unless it is a baby.

Latest posts