• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

mice

Brianna

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
my parents say theyll never allow me to feed my dragon mice and that it makes them aggressive is this true?

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
it can. in some lizards live pray can make them more aggressive. Now thats if you always feed them whole prey. Once every now and then wont hurt!

DrAgOnS BrEaTh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ive read that an abnormal amount of fat and protein can make fish grow unuassly big. Is this the case with beardies and other reptiles aswell? Maybe a few pinkies a week can make them larger than normal??

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mice can cause fatty liver disease and kill them its not recommended

DrAgOnS BrEaTh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I actually saw a size increase in my male from superworms. within 2 weeks he had out grew my other male by 2x in 2 weeks and is still growing faster.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well that was how i understood it also untill i came to this forum and was informed even one a month could cause fatty liver disease

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Full grown mice - NOPE
Pinkies on occasion - YES
B U T
When feeding pinkies you need to adjust your husbandry accordingly.
The day before offer extra hydration
The day of and after the feeding up the temps to aid in digestion.
Wait for a poop before feeding other bugs to ensure theres no blockage and the pinky has digested.

Dont feed more than 1x per month

Latest posts