• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mega Ray

Maize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have heard that Mega Ray is the best and I'm looking into purchasing. Are their different wattages? Do I still need to dust the feeders with Calcium D3 or can I finally stop dusting? Are the temps that same as other basking bulbs (intensity)? I can get rid of the Reptisun UVB?

Sorry new to the whole Mega Ray and need MEGA details!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The Mega Ray offers heat and UV light for your beardie. A lot of owners like this feature.

You will need to continue dusting with calcium.

Maize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks!

I noticed that their are different wattages. I currently use household bulbs for the basking, and sometimes I need to ajust the wattages just to make sure heat stays where I think is best. I have a 40 Gallon Breeder (open top) with adjustable lamp stand and an inclosure 36Lx24Dx24H (with open front) light fixture secured to ceiling on enclosure. What would you suggest as far as wattages? Also do I get the Self Ballasted or External Ballasted?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Use the SB. That's what I use in the Huuuge tanks.. though I do have floods in all but one enclosure...
Janie

Maize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So where do you have the floods, on the cool side since you have the Mega Ray on the heated end?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nope I have a duel fixture, mega in one, flood in the other... But the flood is pointing at an angle... so those light up the whole enclosure but for the hide area.
Janie

Latest posts