• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Prince Moonpani

Marmoset

Hatchling Dragon
I finally got my first beardie. I've actually had him for about three weeks but I just got to taking pictures of him today. I didn't want to freak him out with my phone until he was more settled. His name means "to embrace" in aboriginal Australian. I chose it because I do a cage clean right after lights out because he scatters greens everywhere. Even when he was new if I picked him up to do a cage clean he'd wriggle into my hand or hold onto my finger and fall asleep. I think seeing him get drowsy and pass out rivals seeing sleeping kittens. I work at a cat shelter so for me that is saying a lot! The "Prince" was recently added to his name because he likes to sit and be hand-fed his veggies. Though I know he eats them out of the dish when I'm not around:)

His papers say he is a Red Sandfire Tiger x Cawley Red/Citrus Tiger. I was curious because from what I gather Tigers have bold pattern and Sandfires are less patterned. The breeder said he should be patternless as an adult and if he wasn't he'd buy him back from me. My thought was that there is no way he's getting this guy back no matter what the Prince ends up looking like!

IMG_0899.jpg

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Glad u got ur little 1 lookin forward to hearing bout him :) lovely picc

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's precious! I agree, watching a bearded dragon fall asleep or snuggle melts my heart more than watching my cat roll around on the floor for a belly rub.

Marmoset

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks, I've never had a reptile that seemed as interested in me as I am in them! I'm absolutely crazy about him and I am pretty sure he is confident that I'm not out to eat him. I can see how they are addicting. The breeder offered to throw in a second one cheap but I turned him down. Though I briefly thought about getting rid of my big bed and getting a bunk bed so there would be room for another enclosure lol. I'm not ruling out the possibility of adding another dragon later on when my husband and I finally pick out a house!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They do get addicting! I talked my boyfriend into getting a metal shelving unit. Now two tanks still take up the space one did! When I got my second tank of frogs, I gave up my dresser space for them, LOL!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I have mine in my hall its nice n long n i keep tellin my bf there defo room for another. Plus Diego will need a bigger viv soon so no excuse. It will b my comin home from holiday prezzie. I have it all planned out :) we will have to go to tue pet shop when we get bak to pik Diego n Boris up n im not cumin hone without a 3 rd hehe :)

Latest posts