• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Hookfang!

Kira R Willing

Bearded Dragon Egg
We picked this little guy up at PetCO and they said he's 2 months old. We currently have him in a 20 gal set up with a heating pad, hiding log, black heat light, uvb, and a basking light. He also has a couple stones in his home to sit on as well as a hunk of wood very close to the basking light.

Current tank temperatures are 84 F cool side and at 94 F and slowly rising in the middle but close to the hot side. I'm learning on the fly with this little guy since my mother in law bought him and the kit and set both thermometers closer to the cool side, one is directly on the cool side and one is more middle of the tank.

The first day we got him home he ate almost 2 dozen crickets. Yesterday he didn't eat any, that's also when we went to a local store with a beardy enthusiast working there and he suggested the black heat light to get more heat into Hookfangs home.

Hookfang is also starting to shed so I'm not sure if that could decrease his appetite. He has had 2 bowel movements since we got him home yesterday. He's also already taking well to being handled mainly by me because we won't let the kids hold him yet. 59389850_2041216409512643_805068555660820480_n.jpg 58719901_436247760282194_457298662792364032_n.jpg