• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meal worm farm bedding

JennahS

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am in the process of making a meal worm farm. What is the easiest way to make the storage container for it? Also if it is set sitting is it still ok to use oats for they're being even though I am using it for a bearded dragon and leopard gecko?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Lizard Lady

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! For mealworms I have found it easiest to keep them in a long plastic storage bin with plenty of ventilation. As far as bedding goes, oatmeal certainly works, as long as you make sure to gut-load before feeding and provide plenty of hydrating foods (spraying the enclosure often fosters mold growth). Personally, I find dubia to be much better feeders for both leos and beardies- their moisture and protein content is much higher and they don't get as smelly, but as long as you gut-load your mealworms, I don't see an issue. :)

Latest posts